Spread The Word!

If you like what you see, keep coming back, tell your friends, and comment on the posts. We want your input. Questions/Suggestion? Email us at: writethatdownbro@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cut the Crap #8 - MBTA Woes



There are a lot of things I love about Boston; Bodega, Newbury Street, and the college scene. These things would all be so much better if I could travel to them in a cheap and efficient manner. Too bad the MBTA blows. 


The T is wonderfully cheap, but has no schedule whatsoever, often leaving me to sit at the Reservoir stop for at least fifteen minutes. The ride from there on isn't TERRIBLE until you get to Kenmore and you lose all cell service and the T starts doing pterodactyl screeches at every turn. Thank god I stay on the Green Line for the most part so I don't have to endanger my safety on the sketchy-ass stops on the Red and Orange Lines. 


The MBTA crappyness does not end there. 


The Major, Capt. Casper, and I hit up the 86 bus from Reservoir to Harvard Square the other day. Aside from the bus being 20 minutes late, we found out that it runs on a system similar to that of the "blue light" system at BC. You can literally see the next stop from the prior stop. How lazy does the MBTA think everyone is? This isn't the South, we enjoy getting places promptly. If I can sprint from Conte Forum to the College Road bus stop after a hockey game, people can certainly afford to have stops at least 4 blocks away from each other. 


Cut the crap, MBTA.

1 comment: