Spread The Word!

If you like what you see, keep coming back, tell your friends, and comment on the posts. We want your input. Questions/Suggestion? Email us at: writethatdownbro@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Is Crying Ever Okay in Professional Sports?

The recent watery-eyed meltdowns by various Miami Heat members had me thinking: Is crying in professional sports ever okay?

You see players crying in sports games starting from a young age.  Some obnoxious, spoiled kid on my 7 vs 7  soccer team would always be in the parking lot after losing a game, balling his eyes out, and in between the sobs saying, "But I'm the coaches son, why didn't they pass to meeeee?"  I couldn't stand that immature bullshit back then, and I still can't stand it now.

I think there are some situations when crying is acceptable (even expected) in the sports kingdom.  Most of the time though, these crying athletes gotta lay of the Midol and act with some dignity.

Here are two examples of when crying is okay:

1) Adam Morrison crying on the court after losing to UCLA in NCAA March Madness.

I was always a big Adam Morrison fan so I remember watching this game live and watching as Morrison absolutely broke down after his team blew the lead and lost by a bucket.  Watch at 0:10 for Morrison's reaction.  He got a lot of shit for crying, but I support him (The pubey snake on his upper lip I don't support however.) It was a meaningful game.  That was his last chance at March Madness supremacy and he lost a game that he had in the bag.

2) The Celtics crying after losing Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals.

I mean, what else would you expect them to do?  If any player on any team is in that situation isn't crying, then something is wrong with them.  The Celts gave their all and left everything on the court.  Of course they were upset.  A rapist just got his fifth ring, I think God was even crying after that game.

To sum it up:  The Heat are embarrassing themselves.  Unless you just lost one of the biggest games of your career, there's excuse for crying.  Pull your shit together.

No comments:

Post a Comment